The Business Lead Programme is a unique integration programme for educated refugees and immigrants that benefits all stakeholders involved, immigrants, company partners and Finnish society at large. The programme consists of four live modules addressing the Finnish and European business landscape and organisational culture, strategic leadership, finance and a sales and service mindset. The participants in the programme also have access to a virtual learning environment and will have the opportunity to take part in mentoring. The programme will end with a 3-month internship in a company in Finland.
Through participating in the program, educated refugees and
immigrants can quickly contribute to Finnish business and advance their
Business Lead will also for the first time run in Vaasa with start 1 October 2019. The internship period will be from 7 January 2020 for three months.
Content & structure
- 7 days of live learning in Helsinkior Vaasa (depending on which programme)
- Topics include Finnish and European business landscape, strategic leadership, finance, sales and customer excellence
- A virtual learning environment
- Group mentoring
- A 3-month unpaid internship in a company in Finland
Who the programme is for
The program is for unemployed academically educated refugees and immigrants, who have English language skills and relevant work experience, and that hold a valid residence permit in Finland, but are not Finnish citizens.
The aim of the program is to introduce and integrate educated refugees and immigrants into Finnish working life.
Benefits & value
- Participants benefit from an integrated live and virtual learning experience, mentoring and a 3-month internship in a company which will help improve future opportunities in working life
- New business capabilities and cultural understanding
- Expanded network
- Developed business skills and vocabulary
- A chance for further career opportunities
Pernilla Gripenberg (Ph.D.) is a Programme Director at Hanken & SSE Executive Education, guest lecturer at Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki and a Hanken EMBA facilitator.
Pernilla has close to twenty years of experience of business education from basic to MBA and executive levels in a variety of areas in management and organisation.
Her recent focus has been on leadership issues, self-leadership and personal efficiency, leading for top performance, change leadership, and communication and presentation skills. Her research has centered around virtual organising, she has also worked in the areas of work well-being and innovation. Pernilla is a co-editor of the Routledge-book (2012) : ‘Challenging the Innovation Paradigm’.
As programme director with a strong pedagogical approach she has been highly appreciated by clients and participants. She has worked with companies from a variety of industries, like banking, telecom, engineering, retail, retail property management, construction and the food industry.