Business Lead is a unique multi-level development programme supporting two-way integration of highly educated refugees and immigrants. The programme benefits all stakeholders involved, immigrants, company partners and Finnish society at large. The integration programme Business Lead opens doors for unemployed highly educated immigrants and refugees into Finnish working life by combining education and a 3-month internship in a company.
By participating in the programme, educated refugees and immigrants can quickly contribute to Finnish business and advance their career. Hanken & SSE runs the programme together with Hanken School of Economics and Ostrobothnia TE-services.
The objectives are:
- To empower participants to integrate to the Finnish business environment in a meaningful way
- To deepen the understanding of Finnish/European business life, business culture, and basic rights and obligations
- To give concrete tools to function effectively in a variety of roles in the Finnish business environment
- To give business skills and relevant business vocabulary needed to do business with future stakeholders
Content & structure
The programme includes
- Live classroom studies, online- and distance studies
- Topics include Finnish and European business landscape and organisational culture, self-leadership, personal branding, project management, finance and a sales and service mindset
- A virtual learning environment
- Company visit
- Company internship
Who the programme is for
The programme is for unemployed academically educated refugees and immigrants, who have good English language skills and relevant work experience and that hold a valid residence permit in Finland.
Benefits & value
- Participants benefit from an integrated live and virtual learning experience, career coaching and company visits which will help improve future opportunities in working life
- New business capabilities and cultural understanding
- Expanded network
- Developed business skills and vocabulary
- A chance for further career opportunities